Thursday, December 9, 2010

Special "Rare-Mirror"

Today is my birthday; I would like to take this opportunity to give thanks to all my friends who wishes me a happy birthday with many happy returns. This is also an opportunity to show my appreciation to him about every little thing he has ever done for me. I would like to share a little thing which he has done that touched my heart deeply.

What does a rear-mirror mean to all of you? You would immediately think that I am talking about the automobile’s rear-mirror, of course is for you to watch out from what is coming from behind. To me, it is very special; it has a lot meaning to it. The rear-mirror which I am referring to is a small tiny rear-mirror which he attached onto his helmet and attached onto his Proton roadie.

He bought the mirror from Bike Pro, the obvious reason to it is for watching out traffic from the back and from the side and behind; just to be on the safe side. I know the apparent reason to it and it is a very sweet gesture to me, no need to mention it but I just knew.

The tiny rear-mirror has become a recognizable sign of him because it is very rare to find cyclist to have it attached onto their helmet, they all like it smooth and sleek. He is a very protective man, always “just want to make sure” everything is in order and I am at his sight to keep me out of harm’s way.

He got teased by the rear-mirror a lot. Many would just come up and ask him and he would talk about the traffic reason, but of course there are reasons that no need to mention by him but has been felt by me.

I love to trail him from behind amidst that I was lazy to “do work” at the front, he would always be in front of me and shield off the head wind for me. After installing the rear-mirror, I was always the small tiny me inside his rear-mirror, so he did not need to turn back to look and get worried.

I always silently appreciated him for this mirror but have never said it out. Now, just to close my eyes to think of myself being the small little tiny me inside his rear-mirror would make me teary eyes already. I missed the tiny mini me.

Dear all friends and fellow cyclists who might have come across my little story here, please do not tease him about his special tiny rear-mirror, it shows how kind, caring and thoughtful a person could be. I felt so blessed to have him as my special P2K guardian angel, General really live up to his rank and he always have a soft kind special heart which is caring and attentive to people and fellow cyclists. Thank you for everything, my special P2K guardian angel General Icey, you came into my life and deeply touched my heart.
The Small Tiny Mini me trailing behind Gentle General Icey on Fraser Hill ride. I was still on my Raleigh bike.
Special "Rare-Mirror"

No comments:

Post a Comment