Thursday, December 9, 2010

Angel's Touch

Have you ever seen, feel or even heard from angels before? Although we always presume that angels wear a long white gown, with long golden hair flowing under the wind and has wings on their back etc. But to me, angels will come in many forms, if you have the heart to feel them, they are always around to cheer you up, take care of you when you are in distress and motivate you when you are down and want to give up.

Last year 2008 was the first year when I was still very new in cycling that I joined PCC’s Interstate ride. Without knowing what to expect for a multi day ride, I just go for it. I like all challenging things. He was not with me, he went overseas working. I was glad and thankful that he introduced his cycling group P2K for me and kindly asked them to keep an eye for me on this cycling trip.

P2K is quite a prominent cycling group in Malaysia, made up of some amateur fast and furious cyclists. Many have entered different cycling races around Malaysia and Overseas and have won many medals. Therefore I am grateful that I have the opportunity to get to know them and so honored to be cycling with them.

Interstate ride was an amazing ride to all of us. Although it was not a race, but it was a test of Endurance, Stamina, Fitness Level, Friendship and Team Spirit. The ride was not easy. Immediately we have to encounter one nasty fall from one rider at the beginning of the ride, I was very careful when descending. Climbing was always hard for me, but the scariest experience were going downhill and descending at a fast speed.

I still vaguely remember the long distance that we have to endure. The longest day was day two, it was a 178+K ride under the hot sun. With the long and lonely road ahead of me, I was glad that P2K guys would not be far from me, they took turns take care of me so I would not feel so alone. We kept chit chatting and accompanying each other, keep riding side by side, front and back mostly throughout the whole trip.

I am not a good climber but I can climb. I still do not have the energy to push hard and move fast pace while on a climb. When I was climbing up a not so steep hill, because we have already been cycling for long distances, my legs and my bike felt very heavy, my body started to ache and my spirit was low too.

As with many participants, I was suffering in silence. Then something amazing happened that I have never felt before. I felt a gentle touch on my back. It felt so good. Through that gentle pat on the back, I felt the warmth, care and most important of all, the motivation. Suddenly all my energy and adrenaline came rushing back into my system, the momentum was back and I am totally charged again! I know I am not alone as I always pray to God when I am on the road training that God will look after me and bless me with a safe journey. That day, God send his angel to look after me, I felt the “Angel’s Touch”.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank P2K team for their warm and caring support for my interstate ride. I know God did not just send one angel to take care and look after me, he sent me a team of angels.
P2K n Me - Sunshine smile with lots of sweat
1st day at lunch.
Final day all sun-burnt !!!
My first Multi day long distance cycling trip.
The BEST DEMO for angel's touch


This is what I mean by Angel's touch, demo by my friends, so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment