Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Scarry Story ;````) 181008

You have probably heard people always saying “Don’t cycle alone” well I have learned it the hard way. The time was in Year 2008 and I was still quite new in road cycling. I was supposed to meet up my friend to cycle from Genting Sampah’s Hospital Orang Asli to Bentong and back. I was there early and received a call from my friend that he’s not able to make it and I just could not let go of the cycling opportunity and totally ignore the fact that I should never cycle alone at all amidst the long distance as well. That trip I was using not my bike but my friend’s bike with a newly installed triathlon handle bar which I am not familiar on the skill of using it yet. I was in a rush to test it out myself and paid a hefty price for my stupidity.

It went very well and I had no problems at all till my return trip coming back only less than 500m back to my car when the weather turns cloudy and started to develop a drizzle. When I cycle before the last bridge, I did not see a patch of oil on the ground, all of a sudden I totally lost control of my bike, it kept shaking violently and I got really scared. At a split second, all I know is I threw the bike up high and crash landed onto the wet slippery tarmac road. Everything went flying here and there and luckily I was still conscious.

My cycle meter gone missing, bottles missing, then I was just lying on the road and I heard people screaming and luckily I crash right infront of a Kampung village. All the villagers came out to help me. The women held me up and started washing and cleaning my wounds, took off my helmet and shoes etc, I just gone speechless, really I was too scared too shaken up I went numb couldn’t even cry out at all. The men started to reassemble the bike again, found the bottles and meter and the triathlon bars too, I was in such a mess so as the bike.

I could not really communicate with the villagers, but they were very kind to me. Took me into their house and bought me a cup of hot Milo and some biscuits, some water melon to eat till I calm down. I couldn’t believe that they live a simple life there with so many smiles on their face, so much kind hospitality shown to a foreigner like me. God’s intervention came, an Indian lady came to pay a visit to the families there and she’s the only one who could communicate with me in English, so she became the translator for us.

I spend the entire afternoon there and vow to myself that I will pay my visit back to them again once I am all right again. Help came and my only thought was to quickly bring the bike to my favourite mechanic to patch up again and totally forgot my own wounds. They eventually got infected and I had to go to clinic every other day for cleaning and disinfecting the wounds. All my right side was like a map and the wounds on my thighs and my knee was so big that I should have ask the doctor to sew it back up, but instead I let it heal in time, so ended up in huge scars as I have Keloid type skin.

I can only apply Bio Oil Serum onto the scar everyday till the colour lighten up a bit, but it will be kept there as a reminder for my stupidity for NEVER CYCLE ALONE ever again. Total injury took me one month to heal. In that whole month I can only wear loose clothes to go to work and left with huge Keloid scars but still it never dampen my determination of cycling and try to become better and better every time. My point here is that, many people scared of falling so they don’t take up cycling or any sports at all, but life is all about taking chances and make it challenging for yourself so you will have a more colourful and happening life instead of the conventional everyday colourless life. It’s your choice, to fall down, learn from it, get back up again. So stay active and stay safe too!


water keep coming out


horrifiic, but never dampen my spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment